Here in NYC, the snow is melting, flowers are blooming, and closets are being reorganized. These are signs that spring is almost here! With freshness and newness in mind, we're thinking about ways to simplify our packaging. As you review your packaging design and copy for Q2, here are some questions to ask yourself.
1 – declutter
Is your packaging overloaded with excess claims?
• Does your messaging still connect with the consumer of 2022?
• Are the claims simple and bold?
• Have you conducted consumer testing to optimize your messaging?
2 – organize
When was the last time you evaluated your entire portfolio?
• Do older portfolio items need to be refreshed to match newer packs? • Do you have the essentials for a strong brand architecture in place?
• Are the right branding elements in place to introduce new brand extensions and products?
3 – climate consciousness
Millennials in particular are moving towards a greener lifestyle and values.
• Are there ways to reduce non-sustainable materials on your packaging, such as ink coverage or packaging substrates?
• Are you highlighting your green initiatives on your packaging?
• Does your packaging start the conversation about your company values?